Aug 20, 2008





Letís play with Fay!


The early night the day before had been nice, so we just had a snack breakfast before we headed out to the parks. It was still raining, but we had our ponchos, so off we went. On the way to the Magic Kingdom we thought about stopping at the Contemporary to check out their shops.

It was a good idea, since it was raining pretty hard while we were at the shops and when we finally hit the Magic Kingdom it had gone to just light rain. We were amazed on how light the crowds were. So we had a few photopass photos taken before we went over to Tomorrowland. First we hit the Peoplemover, then we tried Space Mountain. Both were a walk on. We looked around the shops for a while before we went over to Fantasyland.

Since Winnie the Pooh was another walk on we walked on and rode it. Next stop Snow White and Mickeyís Philharmagic. We then went over to Small World and Peter Pan. Peter had a 10 minute wait, but still such a short wait. By then we were both hungry and decided to have a light lunch at the Columbia Harbour House. We shared an Anchors Aweigh Sandwich - white tuna with lettuce and tomato on toasted multigrain bun, which came with Chips and an Apple Crisp. Both were very nice and more than enough to share. After lunch we were sure it was time to visit the 999 ghosts who reside at the Haunted Mansion. The stretching room was only half full, not too many people in the park today. After the ride we made a stop at the Christmas Store and tried a Cappuccino Float with vanilla soft serve and a Tinkerbell Twist Slush - combination of sour apple and watermelon.

Actually we didnít like either. But since we used two snack credits we didnít mind too much. Our destination was Frontierland, so we slowly walked over to Big Thunder Mountain. There was a 5 minute wait Ė unbelievable in the early afternoon.
We tried and it was not even 5 minutes, so we went on it again and again. It was quite fun to ride it with the ponchos on, since they blew up and gave you some ďairtimeĒ. Since we were already dressed for a water ride we decided to do Splash Mountain as well. Lucky us got back row and we didnít even get splashed. But even the front rows only got a few splatters. Needless to say we rode Pirates of the Caribbean with no wait.

We even got onto the Jungle Cruise, which ďsailedĒ with half empty boats, and requested waving back to the empty dock! Since we had done all the rides we wanted to do we went back to the parking lot and drove back to Port Orleans. Back at the resort we checked the Park Channel on TV if there were Extra Magic Hours at the Animal Kingdom. Yip, there were, which meant good news, since we had a reservation at the Yak and Yeti restaurant. After relaxing at the resort for some time we drove over to the Animal Kingdom, picked up our wristbands and went over to Asia to the Yak and Yeti Restaurant. There were lots of people waiting, but we didnít even have time to take off our ponchos after checking in.
Love those ADRís, made 180 days out! We were seated immediately in a small room to the right with a view out into the park. We both decided on having a drink. Tom had the Everest Avalanche and I tried the Tropical Strawberry Daiquiri. For our first course we chose to share the Dim Sum Basket - Pork pot stickers, shrimp siu mai, cha su bao, and pork sie mai steamed on a banana leaf and some soy lime dipping sauce. The waiter brought out our diet cokes and drinks and a little later the heavenly basket arrived.

It was more than enough for us to share and it was very good. For our main courses Tom had chosen the Baby Back Ribs - slow-roasted ribs, hoisin BBQ sauce, chicken fried rice and sweet chili slaw. He really liked it very much. My choice was the Shaoxing Steak and Shrimp - skirt steak, tempura-battered shrimp, jasmine rice, stir-fried vegetables and chili plum dipping sauce. That was a very generous portion and tasted just so good.
We were stuffed, but decided, that since we were on the Dining Plan we would have dessert anyway. We both decided to have the Fried Wontons - Skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons, vanilla ice cream and honey vanilla drizzle. The vanilla ice-cream is nothing special, but the Fried Wontons were yummy. We both liked this dessert very much.


After our delicious meal we went out into the park, had a few more photopass photos taken and were on our way to Expedition Everest.  To our surprise they were still distributing Fast Passes, so we picked one, then got into the standby line. It took about 10 minutes until it was our turn to ride, not bad. We then decided to try and ride Dinosaur, which was another walk on, not even a line where they load the ride vehicles.

Since there was still time before the Festival of the Lion King show, we went to the Tree of Life to watch Itís Tough To Be A Bug.

There were lots of newbys in the audience, which makes it twice as funny. After the show it was time to walk over to The Lion King theatre.They had just started letting people into the theatre so we had lots of seats to choose from. We sat towards the back of the theatre and had lots of fun watching the kids taking part in the show. The show itself was spectacular as always. When we left it had become dark and we went back to Expedition Everest to use our fastpasses.

So we rode once with fastpasses and once in the regular line before we slowly walked towards the park exit. We got into our car, opened up the top since it had stopped raining and drove back home to the resort, where again, we were greeted by our friends the froggies. We were glad we got another early night, we had a few more LONG nights ahead of us!