Aug 17, 2010




The quest for water shoes


We were up earlier that day and since there were lots of leftovers in the fridge we had some of those for breakfast with some quite nice Starbucks coffee and some Krispy Kreme doughnuts to round up the meal. When we were ready to leave it was late morning again and we decided to continue in our quest to find water shoes.

We had looked up all the different Wal-Mart locations and outlet malls and were going to check in hopes we would get lucky to find water shoes for Tom. I had picked up a pair at Kmart the day before. While driving from mall to mall we also hit the Disney outlet mall. They did offer a things we liked and we finally picked up some goodies. Since we hadn’t been lucky finding shoes we decided to try again later on in the day and just get back to Walt Disney World. We wanted to have lunch at the Mara, at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge and drove there. After parking the car we walked to the lodge, had a good look around, enjoyed the sights and sounds and headed over to the Mara. It was packed! After walking through the food court and the seating area we decided to give it a miss and just go somewhere else. When we were driving towards Old Key West we passed the Coronado Springs Resort.

At the spur of the moment decided to have a look if we might be able to score a table at the Pepper Market. Good choice. Pepper Market was half empty and we were led to a table right away. The server brought our drinks and we were off to choose our meals. Tom went to the Grill Station and got the BBQ Ribs - with coleslaw and fries, while I chose to go to the Pasta Station to get the Pappardelle Pasta with Alfredo Sauce and Chicken - with garlic bread.

Both dishes were very good and really generous servings. Since we were both full from our main courses we picked our desserts to go. Tom had a Cheese Danish and I chose a Pecan Roll. And then we were finally on our way back home. We thought that we might go and check one more shop for water shoes down in Kissimmee. We walked into the shop and they had lots of water shoes and Tom found a pair that fit him.

It did not take long and we arrived back home in our villa for a little rest and relaxation. We still had an ADR for Mama Melrose, but like the day before we just did not feel like it and cancelled it. But there was still the issue of having quite a few Table Service credits to use up, so we looked online what other restaurants had availability and chose to go to the Turf Club at  the Saratoga Springs Resort. But before that we enjoyed some fun time at our villa.

We watched the afternoon shower, aka downpour from the balcony and watched some TV. About half an hour before our ADR we drove over to the Turf Club, signed in for our reservation and with buzzer in hand walked around the grounds to explore and enjoy. It took about 15 minutes until our buzzer went off and we were seated. Our server was really nice and explained the menu and then went off to get our drinks.

A little later she returned with some real nice Bread and Butter, sprinkled with sea salt. We both didn’t feel like an appetizer, so we only ordered entrees. Tom wanted to try the Grilled New York Strip, topped with Crab Meat and Grain Mustard Sauce and Balsamic-Port Glaze served with Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes. It was recommended by the server and did not disappoint.

I wanted to try the Mint-crusted Lamb Chops - with Honey-Mint Glaze and smoked gouda polenta, which were very good. Since dessert was included we wanted to try it. Tom ordered the Individual Apple Pie, served warm with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and I ordered the Chocolate Espresso Torte - with raspberry sauce and vanilla port wine ice cream. Once we had finished our desserts we settled the bill and walked out to the car.

It had gotten dark in the meantime and from where our car was parked we had a wonderful view of Downtown Disney. We stopped and took a few photos and enjoyed the lights glittering in the water. When we left we decided to do some more shopping and went over to Walgreen’s and Publix before we drove back to Old Key West. We watched a little more TV before we went to bed as we had decided to get up early the very next day.