August 6, 2015




Day 4, August 06

Two for the price of one! - Part 2

We both love that ride, so relaxing just sitting there and people watch.
Now, all those rides made us thirsty, so off to Starbucks we went again. But we did not get far, as we walked right into the Move It, Shake It Parade. We stopped for a while to watch,




but then went straight to Starbucks. We had really enjoyed our drinks the day before, so we went for repeats, Tom again ordered the


Iced Caramel Macchiato, while I went with the


Iced Black Tea Lemonade again. We started walking with our drinks in hand, but were happy to find some benches behind the Christmas Store and we sat down and enjoyed our drinks. Drinks finished we slowly walked over to our last Magic Kingdom ride for the day, Big Thunder Mountain.


The standby line was very long as the ride was about to go down for refurb in just a day or two, so we were happy to quickly move through the FP line. Again we were granted last row and enjoyed to ride in the best seats in the house.




Once we got off it was time to leave the park. We walked back to the car,


waved goodbye to Bay Lake Tower and drove over to Disney Springs. We had not been there since the second garage had opened and once we had found the right garage we drove around in search of a spot to park the car. Took us quite a while and once we had finally parked our car we hotfooted it over to the Boathouse for lunch.


We made it with 5 minutes to spare and signed in. It took quite a while until we were called and a table was ready. No problem, as it had given us time to catch our breath again. Now we were following a greeter to a table and were not happy.
There were several “regular” dining tables, but we were led to some of the “high chair” tables. I don’t really feel comfortable in these bar seats, so we asked the greeter if it was possible to get a regular table. We got a really funny look and were told that this was the table that was assigned to us.
Yip, we know, but I’d rather ……
It took a while, but they were able to seat us at a regular table. There we quickly settled in, a server handed us menus and took our order for drinks and we were left to study the menu. It took us a little time to decide on something, but there were a lot of yummy things on the menu, so we decided to share a starter and then have a main course each. 
After ordering the food, the server brought some soft


dinner rolls and butter and we started munching on them, while we waited for our food. It did not take long and our starter, the


Firecracker Shrimp, Sriracha mayo, serrano chili and sweet peppers was brought to the table.
The helping was huge, but so tasty and quite hot. We both kept eating and eating and soon felt a bit full and we had yet to tackle our main courses.
Tom had ordered the


Wild Caught Surf Clam Strips with fresh cut fries and tartar sauce and lemon served in a dockside bucket. My main were the


Coconut-Fried Wild Pacific White Shrimp with fresh cut fries and orange-chili sauce served in a dockside bucket. We were still working on the starter, when the main courses came out and the starter and bread had filled us up already, but we did our best working on the main courses as well.
We were not able to finish it all, but most of it was consumed. The server asked if we wanted to think about dessert and we were way too full to even think about it. So we just asked for the bill.
Once it came I asked if they would accept a Disney gift card and they did.
So I handed her our gift card and she looked at me kind of funny.
Guess what, what I just gave you IS an actual gift card, even if it is shaped funnily.
I had bought a flower shaped gift card during Flower and Garden. She went to process it and was gone for quite some time.
Turns out that she did not know how to process it and it had taken several servers and attempts to get it to work. But in the end we were able to use it to pay for our meal and then we headed back out again.
We strolled through some of the new areas




before heading back to the car at around 2.30pm.
Our next destination was Disney’s Yacht Club Resort and shortly before 3pm we arrived, passed the security booth and self-parked the car.