August 11, 2016




Day 9, August 11

An A for effort - Part 2

A little while later we all got out of the Hot Tub, they took the slide back to the pool, while Tom and I walked back to our loungers,














left our shoes there and took another dip in the pool. This time there were more people in the pool and we did not stay as long, but after drying off a bit we went to the pool bar to pick up a drink.





Tom got the


Lynchburg Lemonade, Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey, fresh lime juice, and Sweet-and-Sour with a hint of peach. The


Black Cherry Lemonade, Grey Goose Cherry Noir Vodka, Odwalla Lemonade, fresh Lime Juice, and Grenadine topped with Sprite, was what I wanted to try. Both drinks were freshly made and we took them to a table on the side, where we sat down and enjoyed our treats. Once we had finished our drinks we walked back to our room and after taking showers and some lunch we chilled for a while.
By 2.30pm we were ready to head out again.
We needed a suitcase so we went to a mall and went to find  the Samsonite Store. On the way there we went past a Fossil Store and Tom had a look inside, as he wanted to have a look at a new smartwatch. They had it and he was so not sure if he should buy it, but in the end, with a little persuasion he did buy it. Next stop was the Disney outlet. Needless to say that we did find a few things that we needed, some Fish Extender gifts and a few Disneyland 60th anniversary items that were hugely discounted.
And then we were off to the Samsonite store. We had bought a really good duffle bag there a few years back and we are still happy with it, so why not give it a try. But this time we were looking for a suitcase. A shop assistant was there to help us and showed us different types and finally we had found one we liked, but we were so unsure about the measurements. It looked huge and I did not want to be fined by Lufthansa if it was too big. We discussed and took the measurements and when we said that I definitely wanted to check on the Lufthansa site they told us that they had free WiFi. Why didnít they tell us in the first place? We checked on the German Lufthansa site, checked the suitcase again and it fit. It was very close to the maximum measurement, but it was still allowed. And with that we handed over the credit card and were able to roll home our suitcase. 
Back to the car we went as in the meantime it had gotten later than expected and we had an ADR at Sanaa. On the freeway we hit the traffic jam and it took us even longer than we had feared. But in the end we made it back to our room, rolled the now filled suitcase up to our room, got changed and off we went to Sanaa. It was just walking down the hall and then down to the restaurant and we were there just in the nick of time.
We signed in and were told to wait and while we were looking for a seat a host was coming and took us to our table. We got one of the smaller side tables and there were quite a few tables for two which they filled ever so slowly. Menu in hand we looked through what was on the menu. In the end we decided to share the


Indian Style Bread Service, a choice of 3 breads and 3 accompaniments. We chose


Garlic Ginger Naan, Onion Kulcha and Papadum and got the



Mango Chutney, Spicy Jalapeno-lime pickle and the Roasted Red Bell Pepper Hummus. It was served pretty fast and it looked like more than enough for the two of us. We started eating and trying the different dips with the different breads and it was delicious.
Why hadnít we ordered this on previous visits to Sanaa?
The only downside, it had filled us up a lot. So when our main courses were served we were already pretty full. We had both chosen the



Potjie Inspired, a choice of two dishes, served with basmati rice. Tom had gone with the


Goan Seafood Curry and the


Braised Beef, while I had chosen the


Butter Chicken and the


Spicy Durban Shrimp. So we got to share four different tastes. All of them were quite good, but since we were full before they had even been served it was a bit too much and neither of us could finish their plates. So once we could not eat one more bite, we just asked for the bill, paid for our meal and walked back to our room.