August 30, 2017





How to spend time during a day at sea ÖÖ   - part 2

We had a little rest but not too long as we had signed up for a Martini tasting.
We arrived at Meridian about 10 minutes early and there were already a few people there, but it was easy to find a seat. The bartenders were fun


and easy to listen to, even though Martinis are not my favourite drink. I tried the first one, and gave about half of it to Tom.


The second one was a bit more my taste and then they were looking for volunteers to mix a few more drinks. Tom got chosen and made the next one, which was pretty nice,






as was the one another guest was asked to prepare.


The last one was a pretty sweet one, which was not bad, but neither of us deemed it a favourite.


Once the tasting was over and we had finished our drinks we walked the ship for a bit and discovered that it was open house at the kids clubs, so we walked through and got a look at them.




On our way back to our room we walked past the D-Lounge where they had a towel folding seminar.
Our stateroom host was one of the teachers, so she lured us in and with towels in hand we sat down at one of the tables and were soon learning how to create towel animals. We were allowed to keep the last one we had made and we took it back to the room.
Back at the room we had to empty out our Fish Extender and explored our new gifts,





before taking a short nap.
After about an hour and a half we started to do our packing, as we needed to put our luggage out after lunch.
We needed to do a bit of packing and repacking until everything was packed and once it was done, we sat out on the balcony and enjoyed the fresh breeze. At 8.15 we headed down to the Animator's Palate for dinner. But before we left we decorated the towel animal that we had created in the afternoon with quite a few sweets for our stateroom host.


At the restaurant we were quickly led to our table for two and served some Diet Coke and the bread service of the day,


Garlic and Herb Focaccia with a


Roasted Garlic Dip. Soon our noses were in the menus and it didnít take long for our server to come by and take our order. I ordered my all time favourite, the


Black Truffle Pasta Purseittes, Pasta Purses filled with Truffle-scented Cheese and coated with a delicate Champagne Sauce, which are delicious. Tom ordered the


Tomato Tarte with Glazed Goats Cheese and Shaved Radish, which he liked as well. And once we had finished them, our next course was the



Baked Potato and Cheddar Cheese Soup with Bacon Bits and Chives, which never disappoints, warm and creamy goodness in a cup it is. For our main courses we had ordered different menu items. Tom had ordered the


Herb Crusted Pork Chop, a Roasted Pork Chop brushed with Dijon Mustard and crusted with Herbed Breadcrumbs served with Sun-dried Tomato Risotto and a Borolo Wine Sauce, which he had had on previous cruises and it was as good as always. I didnít feel like red meat or fish, so I ordered the


Lemon-Thyme Marinated All Natural Chicken Breast on top of Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Root Vegetables and Grain Mustard Jus, which was very good, but quite a lot of meat. I had been looking forward to dessert, as I had seen a carrot cake on the menu and since I love carrot cake I had to give the



Deconstructed Carrot Cake, a classic cake with a twist, a try. Well, letís just say this was a once and done. There was nothing that screamed carrot cake and after trying a bit, I just left the rest on the plate. Tom had chosen the


Lemon Icebox Pie, served with Lemon Curd and Berry CrŤme. He isnít a huge fan of desserts, but I had been torn between the two desserts and he ordered it more or less for me. I tried this one as well, and while it was more up my street, I didnít eat more than a spoonful or two of it. Before we left we handed out candy and the tip envelopes and then returned to our stateroom. 



We found our stateroom host hard at work moving luggage, so we decided to help her and roll ours to where it needed to go. Luggage gone, we sat outside on the veranda for a while, before calling it a day.