December 7, 2007





One for you and one to give!

Goodbye Everest and DeVine!
More last minute shopping at Downtown Disney and a Candlelight Processional Dinner at Le Cellier!


This was the only day we gave in to sleeping a little longer. We were already exhausted from the previous late nights, so we got up a little later and went over to Olivia’s for breakfast. Today Amy was our server and she was SO much fun. First of all, she was speaking extra fast and we had a hard time following her. She was making so many recommendations, we were even more undecided on what to have for breakfast. She was especially fond of the grits and when we finally got a word in she noticed, we didn’t even know what grits are. She had such a good laugh herself and told us she would bring out a sample for us to try, so if we liked them, we could order some the next time around. Off she went to the kitchen, just to return very shortly with our drinks and a bowl of grits. They reminded me of a semolina dish we had when we were kids and I have to say it really tasted very nice. She then came to take our food order and told us that we definitely had to try their potatoes with cream and leeks with our breakfast. Since she was so good at offering things we agreed.

Tom had the Breakfast Burrito with Olivia’s Potatoes and Salsa, which not only looked appetizing but it was very very good. I went for Olivia's Breakfast which had two scrambled eggs, Breakfast Potatoes, Toast and Bacon. Wonderful start to our day. Amy came over often to check on us and ask about what we were going to do that day.

When she heard it was our last full day there, she got really sympathetic and that she knew how it felt. She was so much fun to be around we decided that when we were to pay the bill we would not only tip her well, but give her one of our special Disneyland Paris pins.

One that has Tinkerbell flying over the castle, we thought it was more than right for her. Now imagine our amazement when she came over to our table and told us that we were real special guests to her and she would therefore award us a set of One for you and one to give pins! She told us to keep it to remember our stay at Old Key West! Needless to say that she was stunned herself when I opened my hand and showed her the pin we were in the process of giving to her. She was real fun to be around!

We hope to see her again when we go next summer! We then finally picked up our party purchases from Dec 4 and took them back to our room. We decided to drive to the Animal Kingdom and try to ride Everest one more time, before we had to say goodbye. Well, we actually picked up a Fastpass for it, then got into the standby line, since it was not too long. We asked for front row again and had to wait one car before we got on.

 As always the ride was good fun. On our way over to Kilimanjaro Safaris we met DeVine and she was out of this world. We had only seen her from a distance before, but this time we really got up close. What an experience! We then got in line for Kilimanjaro Safaris. It took a little longer than expected, but when it was our turn to go on Safari there were lots of animals around and it was great ride.

After the ride we went towards Everest again and had our photos taken by a fun Photopass photographer, who took lots of fun shots.

We rode Everest again without being in line for very long. It was time to say our goodbyes to the Animal Kingdom and walk towards the exit. We left the place where we had had two magical parking moments and drove to Downtown Disney to do some last minute shopping. Before we went there we went to the PO to mail out Mary Ellen’s Christmas Parcel. Then we started one of our favourite holiday activities – shopping. Like always, during the last days of a vacation, we tend to shop ……… heavily!! We made a stop at Ghirardelli’s to try their Peppermint Bark Sundae ! It was heavenly! Back to Old Key West for some relaxation before we were to enjoy our dinner at Le Cellier as part of the Candlelight Processional. Since this was our last full day we started to do some packing, enjoyed some time on the balcony and got changed to go to Epcot to see the Candlelight Processional and have dinner at LeCellier. We went over to the Yacht Club, strolled along their promenade and admired the beach all decked out for a party.It was time to take a few more photos and then we entered Epcot via the International Gateway.

There were quite a few people in line before us to check in at LeCellier. Unfortunately some of them did not have reservations and were turned away. We waited for about 5 minutes until we were taken to our table. It was a tiny table in the middle of the restaurant, but our server Patrick more than made up for the small table. He was FUN!!!! He kept on talking, explaining different items on the menu and cracking jokes all the time while at our table.

We ordered our drinks and he returned with them a short time later bringing out some breadsticks as well. Tom had decided on the Prince Edward Island Mussels, served chowder style with applewood smoked bacon and potatoes while I ordered Patrick’s recommendation, the Spicy Chicken and Chipotle Sausage with creamy polenta and sweet onion jam. Both dishes were very yummy and filling. As our main courses Tom ordered the 7 oz. Filet Mignon, glazed with maple barbecue sauce and accompanied by cream cheese mashed potatoes while I had to go for my favourite, the Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon with Baby Bella wild mushroom risotto, white truffle and herb butter sauce and topped with fried parsnips. So good!!!

Thank god we had waited to order dessert until after we had finished our main courses. I love their Crème Brulee, but I could not have eaten it after all that other food. So Tom went to try the Warm Spiced Apple Crumble, while I tried something very new to me, the Seasonal Sherbet. It was orange flavour, light and SO good! By time we had finished eating we decided to walk around world showcase for some time and see some more of the Santas telling their stories.

It was quite some time before the Processional when we went over and find out where the line for Candlelight Package was supposed to start. We were very surprised to find out it had already started to form. The line was actually really long and we decided to join it right away. There was a family from Canada ahead of us and we had a fun time talking to them until we got into the theatre. We found a good seat and waited for the show to start.

Our narrator was Monique Coleman and she did it very well. It was her last narration and she seemed very moved.

The choir was out of this world. What a wonderful show. We were glad to have had the Package, because the theatre was nearly full with people on the package, so chances of getting a seat were slim for people in the regular line. After the show we went to pick up our wristbands, since it was Extra Magic Hours at Epcot. Our first stop was Soarin.


The line was supposed to be 30 minutes, but kept getting longer since a lot of Pop Warner girls tried to get in and catch up with other girls who had been in line for quite some time. Thank god, the Cast Members put a stop to it after a few people complained. We rode Soarin in the top row again and it was fun as always. Then we went over to ride the Clam mobiles again. Finding Nemo is such a fun thing to do.

Next stop was Test Track, followed by a visit to Mouse Gear and ending the evening at Mission Space.


We left a little early and went back to the Yacht Club, picked up our car and went back to Old Key West. We still had to finish a few more snacks in the fridge, a few more drinks and lots of packing. It was really late when we finally got in bed.