Aug 20, 2010




Lots of food, Yuki and the DISmeet and Extra Magic Hours at the Magic Kingdom until 3am


After a good nightís sleep we got up refreshed and shortly before 9am left our villa to head to Downtown Disney to have breakfast at Wolfgang Puckís Express. There was no line, so we placed our order and found a table.

Tom had ordered some Coffee and a bottle of water, while I had some Earl Grey Tea and a bottle of Orange juice. We started sipping our drinks and shortly later our breakfast arrived. Tom had Wolfgang's Breakfast Pocket, scrambled eggs, peppers, Niman Ranch Bacon, onions, mushrooms, mozzarella and cheddar cheese baked into Wolfgang's pizza dough. He really enjoyed his breakfast. I had my all time favourite, the Smoked Bacon Pizza - scrambled eggs, tomatoes, mozzarella and cheddar cheese and Ranch Dressing. We sat for a while enjoying our food and around 10am we walked back to our car. We wanted to take it easy as there was a long night ahead of us, Extra Magic Hours at the Magic Kingdom until 3am. So we hopped in the car and drove offsite to do some outlet shopping. First stop was the Orlando Premium Outlet. There were quite a few stores to browse through before we hit the Disney outlet.

It was unbelieveable, but we did not find anything we liked so we left and drove to the Prime Outlet Orlando. More shops to visit and finally a Disney Outlet we could spend some money at. By then it was past 1pm and after a short visit to Publix we drove back to Downtown Disney to pick up some lunch at Earl of Sandwich. We got two bottles of water, the Hawaiian BBQ Sandwich - ham, grilled chicken, Hawaiian BBQ sauce, Swiss cheese and pineapple, The All American Sandwich - roast turkey, buttermilk ranch, cranberries, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, and buttermilk Ranch, a Chocolate Muffin Sandwich and a Bread Pudding. Once we had picked it up we drove back to our villa, made some Caesar Salad and had a nice and relaxing lunch in our villa. We spent the afternoon at our resort, spending some time at the pool before getting ready for dinner at Boma. We arrived there just a little early, signed in and were handed a beeper.

About 15 minutes later we were led to our table, a tiny two top. The server came and introduced herself and left us with the drinks menu, while she went to fetch our Diet Cokes. We decided to try a cocktail and Tom ordered the Pineapple Mojito, Skyy Infusion Pineapple Vodka, Lime and Fresh Mint topped with Soda Water, which he enjoyed when our server finally decided to turn up with it. Needless to say I needed to try something too.So I tried the Pineapple Flambť, Myers Platinum Rum, Butterscotch Schnapps, Pineapple Juice and a touch of Habanero Lime. While our server was out on a mission to get our drinks we went to the buffet to get a first plate of food. We both decided on some soup and salads, but were very disappointed, as all the food was rather sweet and not as spicy as we had expected. We went back for a second plate and in the meantime our server brought the cocktails and cleared the plates from our table.

We both got a plate of main courses and shared a plate full of sides. Unfortunately we didnít find much that we liked on the main course selection either, so we just kept poking around in our food and left quite a bit on the plate. There were still the desserts we needed to try and finally we found something we were not disappointed in. So we sat for a while and enjoyed our desserts before we settled the bill and drove to the Magic Kingdom for Extra Magic Hours. We were so lucky as we found a parking spot right by the entrance to the Ticket and Transportation Center and were able to just walk over to the Monorail.

We arrived at the entrance to the Magic Kingdom and found it packed. Well, we were sure it would thin out during Extra Magic Hours. We watched a little bit of the Main Street Electrical Parade and then finally walked over to Pirates of the Caribbean for our DISmeet. It was rather dark in the area and we sat down at the stage area opposite Pirates to wait for Yuki and Andrew. Yuki had mentioned earlier that she was doing Pirates League that day and we should watch out for a pirate girl! We waited for a bit, but didnít see a pirate girl or any other group forming. But finally we saw them right in front of Pirates and walked over. It was a very warm welcome and we had fun and talked a bit until Candy and her family found us and got in on the fun. There had been some other members of the DISboards who had wanted to join us, but they never made it.

So we finally decided to get in line and ride Pirates of the Caribbean together. Even though we had to get in a line it was real fun to finally talk to the real persons behind the DISboard screen names. When our ride ended, we talked a little more and then Candy and her family left and Yuki and Andrew and Tom and I went to have a snack. Yuki and Andrew shared a Dole Whip Float, while Tom and I shared a Dole Whip.

We sat and talked for quite a while until we realized that it was way past midnight! We were right in the middle of Extra Magic Hours. We said our goodbyes and went our separate ways. Tom and I walked towards the castle, took a few photos and then walked into Fantasyland. The crowds were low at that time at Fantasyland so we walked onto Philharmagic and Winnie the Pooh. Then we walked to the SnowWhite ride and rode that with little to no wait.

After that we just watched the Carousel for a little while, before we walked back to the Peter Pan ride, which only had a very short wait. A super nice Cast Member pointed us towards a Hidden Mickey inside the ride and we were really able to catch it, going by. Next was the Haunted Mansion, which again was a walk on.

After visiting the 999 happy haunts we thought we might try our luck and walk over to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad to finish off the evening. There was a short wait for the ride, about 5 minutes and Tom even asked if we were allowed to sit in the last row of the train. Needless to say we were granted our wish. Since the wait was so short, we just walked around and rode it a second time.

By then it was 2.30 and we were tired, so we decided not to get in line again, but to head towards the exit. Only the Resort Monorail was running, but the line was short and it didnít take too long to get to the Ticket and Transportation Center. Even though we were tired we were happy our car was parked in walking distance and we didnít have to get on a tram. So we walked over to the car and drove back to Old Key West. We both had a drink before we fell into bed shortly after 3am.