August 25, 2017





Boo to you!! - part 2

Once we got off, we knew it was time to leave if we wanted to grab a bite to eat before our evening adventures. We decided to head back to the Polynesian and try our luck at Kona Island. So we headed towards the Monorail and off we went to the Transportation and Ticket Center and then over to the Polynesian Village Resort.



We got off the Monorail and it did not look too good, but we were in luck, as just as we walked closer, some people got up and left. Yippie, four seats for us.
And a minute later we found ourselves studying the menus. We all ordered some sodas and I felt like something stronger as well, so I ordered a


Captain’s Mai Tai, Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum, Bols Amaretto, and Tropical Juices topped with float of MYERS’S Original Dark Rum. Soon the drinks were delivered to quench our thirsts and we watched the cooks making their sushis. Tom had ordered the



California Roll - Jumbo Lump Crab, Citrus Mayonnaise, Cucumber, and Avocado, which looked yummy if you like sushi, but I am not such a huge fan of it. So I had opted for the


Kona Crab Cakes, Jade-Herb Puree, Tomatoes, Pickled Onions and Sweet Corn and they were really good, lots of sweet crab meat which went perfectly well with the charred corn and herb puree. We sat and watched the cooks prepare food


and chatted for quite some time, before we even realized that we were late again for this evening’s entertainment, the first Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party of the season.
So, while Pamela and Jeanette went to their room to get changed, we walked out to the Monorail to ride over to the Grand Floridian. When we got outside we could just see a Monorail depart and there were a lot of people on the platform, so we decided to walk over to the Grand.
We went back down, found the walkway over to our hotel and marched back to our room.
There was just time to have a quick shower and to change into our Party gear when we got the text from Pamela and Jeannette that they were on the way over to pick us up. We had agreed on meeting at the Monorail station, so once we had everything we needed we marched over to the main building, where our friends were already waiting for us. 
We got on the next Monorail and about 20 minutes later we had arrived at the Magic Kingdom. It was already past 7pm and there was still a line to get in, but it did not take us long and we had made it.


They sent the party guests in towards the backlot, which had been made into a walkway with huge banners


and Cast Members, who were handing out Trick or Treat bags and  filled them with the first few hands full of goodies. We stopped ever so often to have some photopass pictures taken





and once in front of the castle we enjoyed the atmosphere.





We walked towards Adventureland, stopping at every Trick or Treat station there was.